Slider

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Quote:
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;
if we did not sometimes taste of adversity,
prosperity would not be so welcome."
~ Anne Bradstreet

Random Things That Make Me Smile~Katie and Sarah. Check out their blogs.~

I love getting real mail.... so I send out real mail once in a while in the hopes that a treat will come for me someday. Last week, it DID! Here is the cheerful package sent by my lovely friend, Sarah...
{package from Sarah! Happy happy treat...}

{inside: cool stripe-y socks and some really fun blank cards in vintage-y prints. Encouraging the mail cycle to continue, right??}

Other things I love:

{a recent picture of Joe....handsome and smelling like the cologne I love... we were headed to a dance}

{Joe took one of me...I love when he is patient enough to endure my, "Close, but take it again--this time zoom in a bit more..." "That one is okay... just one more, 'k?" "Okay... one more for real this time. Promise!!"}
{Joe's baby bro Peter is home from his mission in the Dominican Republic! Crazy how time flies. Crazy how much they look alike to me now. Joe's parents are in town from Korea, too, so it's been a lot of Southerland fun!}

{A photo of two of our favorite Masons. Carl is on the left, Bill is on the right. Carl is extroverted, chatty, and makes us laugh. Bill is soft-spoken, gentle, and really sincere. We love them both!}

{Two of the 20 homemade dish towels I made for Christmas this year... My favorite part was picking out fabric and trim that would combine for a vintage feel. Sewing was alright, too. }


{In mid-December, my family went to historic St. Charles, near St. Louis, to do some fun shopping. Even the rain didn't dampen our intentions. A local news photographer liked our colorful umbrellas and put us in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the next day! Cool!}



{All the way back in September, Joe and I went to Branson, Missouri for our anniversary. The only souveneir i wanted was a historic photo...Because they always look like fun, and branson is kinda a hick town anyway.Besides, Joe and I had both just finished reading a great nonfiction Civil War book, Confederates in the Attic, so the costume choices were a natural result.}

{Did anyone else LIVE for the times Carlton did this during Fresh Prince of Bel Air? 'Cause I did. I STILL love this. It was perfectly bittersweetly wonderful when he did it one last time on their last episode ever. Enjoy!}





(It is fully due to my broheim Steven that this Carlton clip has entered my universe. Please visit his infrequently updated, but funny and intelligently written blog: Slammysworld.blogspot.com )

6 comments:

  1. You make my heart so darn happy!
    Thank you for making me feel special.
    All the things that you love and that make you happy, put a huge smile on my face. I even laughed out loud at the Carlton thing. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i get a little cred for finding the Carlton thing for ya?
    throw a brotha (your brotha, to be exact) some love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Em, you make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Did I know that your poppa wore a hate like mine does? I must have known this. I must have. yet I don't. I'm an eediot. I'm going to e-mail you soon here.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan