Slider

Announcing:

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm officially announcing/debuting a little "portfolio blog" I've put together to display some of my paid photography. It's mostly for prospective clients, so they can get a good idea of what my capabilities are and feel better about hiring me.

It's funny, but I feel a bit sheepish/embarrassed to be announcing this to you guys, my friends. Like I'm PRETENDING to be some bigshot photographer or something. Well, I'm not. I'm just little ol' me... working to make a bit of extra money since I will soon be a full-time stay-at-home mom.

so since you guys are my amigos, please give me feedback. It is easy to navigate? Is it pleasing to the eye? Are the examples I've posted good enough? I will eventually get together a "real" website... one that will be even more user-friendly. But for now, in my "portfolio-building" stage, this will have to do.

Okay. I'm outta here. I just can't get over feeling like a ding-dong, self-promoting, silly wannabe girl. So I'll blush and leave.

Love y'all!

(oh yeah... the link!!! See??? I'm so silly!
Emily Southerland {Grassroots} Photography)

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the launch!!! I so hope we can make the photo session happen in May!!

    Dawn (Eva's Mom BBC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't need a portfolio blog to know that you do a great (dare i say amazing) job at taking pictures of people. again, i wish we lived closer so that i could take advantage of your skills. well, and all of us could hang out and have burrito fetes too. maybe someday it will happen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 AM

    I also think that you are going to have a lovely career. I adore it. Your work is beautiful and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful portfolio you are building! Your shots and post processing are really breathtaking. Congratulations on making this step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look great and don't be sheepish about letting all of us know about it, you are among friends and we all want you to succeed and do great. I'm loving that newborn one with the squished face when you first go in the website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know I love it! :) It looks fantastic! I think I may need you to burn me some more cd's of the first shoot, I can't find my copies anywhere and I am freaking out! is that ok? I can give you cd's. Also please post your hybrid book, I wanna see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You silly girl. You sound like me every time I hand out a business card-- sometimes I'd rather bury my head in the ground than be that "silly, self-promoter". Trust me, you have something worth promoting! Love the temp blog, very easy to navigate, very cool. Nice work. I wish I were closer to you so I could learn a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, you are so creative. thanks for hooking me up with shawn. she designed my web page and I love it. check it out www.stayputsocks.net. we also got .com but it won't be up and running for 30 days. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:37 AM

    Glad to see you're doing something about this ;-)

    Good luck, and love you

    Julina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The website looks great Emily! If we lived near you, we'd hire you to take pics of Adalynn for sure. :) Good Luck! Cara (BBC)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome! I'm happy for you and know you'll do well! I can't wait to check it out! I always think you take such amazing pictures! I'd love to do something like that myself someday. You are amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks awesome! I love your photos and wish you lived closer so you could take my family photos. I hope this takes off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey- it looks great, but i didn't have to reassure you about that w/ all these comments. so....is this your last year to teach? you said...soon to be stay-at-home mom...just wondering if that was a bit of forshadowing of the near future for you & joe....????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Emily! I'll be sure to send our friends a link to your new site! ... Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your website is beautiful, pictures amazing....how far are you willing to travel for business???

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks good!! if you want any tips on posing or anything for engagements, let me know - that used to be my bread and butter - you're off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan