Slider

It's a Cupcake Party!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Idea:
everyone brings a dozen or two yummy, already-decorated cupcakes. We sit, chat, nibble, socialize, discuss recipes and decorating ideas, and then trade the rest around and go home with a bunch of different, equally delicious cupcakes from each batch.
Some of the cupcakes present:

{buttercream and fondant goldfish on white cake with cheesecake pudding filling-Mine}
(decoration idea totally stolen from online! )
{vegan chocolate brownie cupcakes with cream cheese cookies and cream topping- Jaime's}
{spaghetti and meatballs(ferrer roche dipped in strawberry jam with buttercream piped icing "noodles") atop white cake- Emily T.'s}

piped yellow buttercream atop chocolate cake- Taina's}
... plus many, many more, including an amazing lemon meringue, pina colada, rocky road....

~YUM!~

Drinks were fruit punch and milk... Games included a scavenger hunt...
Babies enjoyed the scenery, guests enjoyed each other's company...
Noah and Joe were as handsome as ever...
...and everyone went home happy and loaded with extra cupcakes to share (or not) with the rest of their families!
The End.

(it turned out to be a really cool, fun party, and something I really think I'll have to repeat sometime. And you should throw one of your own sometime. It's like a more fun version of a tea party! and who doesn't love a nice cupcake now and again?? )

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Wow, those are some really pretty cupcakes. Poor Julina just had plain old cupcakes w/ sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 AM

    But they were yummy, too :-)

    I'm glad you had a chance to have some yummy fun :-)

    -Julina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WORD, that's a good idea! And the cupcakes all look so scrumptious! those goldfish are adorable. I'm going to need some tips for working with fondant. It looks like you know the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! ugh...you make me sick! Everything you do is cute and fun. You are so lovely and have such great ideas. Ah, the envy of such fun...how are you ever going to find time to catch up on REAL life (grading, cleaning, laundry, etc, etc, etc)...lol

    Here's to you, Em...the master of creative-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!!!! what else can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting REALLY good at that! lol I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my new house in Southern Missouri so I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before I left, Good luck finishing up the school year and get back to me when you can about prices on family pics, because when you get the time we'll come back up to have you take them! Much Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the jealousy....I will be dreaming about your cupcake party while I eat another stupid salad on my stupid diet...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is seriously so cute and fun! What a great idea and perfect why to get together and also share some creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY CRAP! Why don't my friends have cupcake parties??

    Oh yeah. Because my friends know I'd show up with some store cupcakes and then eat all of theirs at the party so there wouldn't be enough for everyone to take home.

    But WOW! That looks so yummy and fun and Yaya Sisterhoodish! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I seriously just gained 10 lbs from reading this post and licking my computer screen. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic idea!!!!!!!! and they all look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds so fun and YUMMY! Oh, and I noticed the Oberweis bottles...don't you LOVE Oberweis? We have one about 5 minutes from our house. Their chocolate shake is a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo plannning one of these! I hope my frinds are cool enough to want to participate in such a fun thing!

    Love all your creativity! You're my inspiration.

    ~cheryl
    BBC'er and long time lurker (i'm outtin' myself)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Man, those looked like gourmet cupcakes. Great party idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Invite me to the next one. I'll crawl there if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, I thought I had posted here already. I told Joe about your cupcakes and I think now he wants to know why I'm not baking. ;-)

    Thanks for the heads up on that comment on my blog. I don't know who it was, but I deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PLEASE SHARE THOSE RECIPES! They all look too beautiful to eat - but I'm sure you guys were able to manage....

    ReplyDelete
  18. PLEASE SHARE THOSE RECIPES! They all look too beautiful to eat - but I'm sure you guys were able to manage....

    ReplyDelete
  19. um, YUM!!! wow, that's amazing. and I LOVE that carpet! ...I suppose that's a weird thing to notice with all the yummy cupcakes and a cute baby. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this idea and I want to do it now! Beautiful cupcakes! Wish I could have been there to taste test all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all your cupcakes! check out this blog http://bakerella.blogspot.com/

    They have the CUTEST cupcakes on sticks! I have been meaning to try them, but I'm sure you'll get to it before me!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan