Slider

Flashback Friday: It's Been a While!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Ha! Remember when I was trying to do this more regularly? Oh well... Enjoy the ride.

*

2004- We were in the midst of mad wedding preparation in August of 2004.... We were in love, but had NO idea what REAL life and love was... And there was no way we could've been prepared for it. I'm so glad we dove in, though! ♥
Photobucket

 *

2006- We'd returned from our magnificent trip to Europe in June...And this week in August 2006, our porcelain dish set from Limoges finally arrived in the post. I loved the European style of writing on the box. It made me miss France.  And the photo on the right was just a snapshot of some care packages I was mailing out. Looking back, I'm amused at my patient hand-stamping of letters for the recipients' names. Who has time for that with kids?? Photobucket

*

2007: I was six months pregnant with Noah, and Joe was in nursing school... These photos were from a walk we took one hot August afternoon in our shady old neighborhood in the Central West End. Photobucket

*

2008- Noah was nine months old, and Uncle Steve was in town for a quick visit. We headed to the zoo, and then promptly headed to the penguin house to cool off. Note Noah's bib-- that kid drooled 24-7 and had to have a bib on at all times. Photobucket

*

2009- Noah, almost 2, enjoying a pile of blankets, pillows and futon mattresses as a way to beat the August heat by staying indoors. And one of my favorite photos from that month-- Noah, pleased as punch to be wearing one of my kerchiefs. Photobucket

*

2010- Really, I'm just so proud of the folded laundry. Wouldn't you be?? And then there are the mustache photos.... What a family we are!Photobucket Photobucket

*

2011- This time last summer, Lucy was 4 months old and still pretty unhappy a lot of the time. But she was beginning to grab for things and interact with her toys, and it was one of the milestones that started making her a happier baby. I really think she just hated being new and helpless, because every new skill she acquired, the happier she got. And check out these smiles! PURE heaven to this beleaguered mama. Photobucket Photobucket

*

Today- Barely home from a morning at my sister's and her friends' garage sale, I thought it would be fun to grab some quick snaps of Noah, Lucy and I from this very day to cap off today's post. It's time for some recent shots, right? If nothing else but to showcase how quickly Lucy is changing from a baby to a toddler. Too fast, baby girl! Gosh, I love these kiddos. (And they  love the softball Noah scored from the garage sale...)Photobucket Photobucket 
And all you mamas out there know that it's important to remember to get thyself in front of the camera once in a blue moon... Just so your kids remember YOU were there in their lives, in their photos, in their memories... Thank goodness one of my two kids was willing to cooperate for this quick snap. :)

And there ya go. Happy Friday, y'all! Here's to garage sale-ing or kid wrangling or lazy weekending or to-do list tackling, or good-food eating to all of you. I'm going to try to do a little of all of the above. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan